Shoreline businesses and corporations can enjoy a special opportunity to become MHS Business Sponsors. Business Sponsors join MHS members in electing our Board of Trustees and in participating in a wide range of the MHS's community-building initiatives, including tours, education programs, and seasonal celebrations.
Support from MHS Business Sponsors provide for the care of our collection of more than 6,000 objects from Madison’s past. Business sponsorships help us with the ongoing stewardship of our historic properties—Lee’s Academy, the Allis-Bushnell House, and the Smallpox Burying Ground. Business sponsorships also support our educational programs for children and adults, the exhibitions on view at Lee's Academy, and all other MHS programs.
Business Sponsorships help the MHS in multiple ways. Here are just a few:
- Preserve our properties and our collection;
- Develop education programs and exhibitions so all citizens and visitors can understand their connection to history;
- Expand our library and archival collections;
- Safeguard Madison’s architectural heritage through such preservation initiatives as the MHS Fund for Historic Preservation and the MHS Plaque Program.
We invite all local businesses to consider an MHS Business Sponsorship, renewable annually at $250.
What Do You Get for Your Business Sponsorship?
As an MHS Business Sponsor, you may apply your gift to our general operating budget, or you may choose a special MHS initiative that you would like to support. Your logo, business card, and contact information is prominently displayed on this page, with a link to your website. Each business sponsor also receives two complimentary tickets to the Tour of Remarkable Homes.
As an added incentive, we will also give each new Business Sponsor a complimentary copy of our commemorative Centennial book, Madison Treasures: Collections and Connections, a photographic history of Madison, as evidenced through objects in our remarkable collection.
As a new or prospective MHS Business Sponsor, you will also receive an invitation to an exclusive, private tour of our collection at a cocktail party to be hosted by the Madison Historical Society at the Allis-Bushnell House each spring.
Please contact the MHS office at 203.245.4567 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the business sponsorship opportunity.
- Our informative quarterly newsletter
- Invitations to members-only events
- Reduced fees for educational programs
- 10% discount on books and gifts